New Financial Assessment Tool for Social Housing Providers
September 25, 2012
National, provincial non-profit housing associations team up to help social housing providers understand how expiring federal funding will affect them.
A coalition partnership of six non-profit housing associations from across Canada has joined forces to develop a common financial assessment tool for use by social housing providers. This tool will help providers better understand the financial impact that expiring federal funding will have on their operations and, as a result, their ability to effectively serve their low-income tenants.
The six coalition partners are:
- the Canadian Housing & Renewal Association,
- the British Columbia Non-Profit Housing Association,
- the Manitoba Non-Profit Housing Association,
- the New Brunswick Non-Profit Housing Association,
- the Ontario Non-Profit Housing Association, and
- the Réseau québécois des OSBL d’habitation